POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mapping images on to prisms Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:26:26 EDT (-0400)
  Mapping images on to prisms (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Mike Varley
Subject: Mapping images on to prisms
Date: 28 Jan 1999 15:33:33
Message: <36B0C996.175C3DC2@nacstock.ac.uk>
Hi

I'm trying to map an image on to the 'end' of a prism but no matter what
I do it always maps onto the 'side' of it. Basically I'm trying to
create a 7 sided coin with an image mapped on the 'heads' and 'tails'
side. This is what I've tried:

prism {
  linear_sweep
  linear_spline
  -0.9, 0.9,  7,
< 0.623, 0>, < 0, 0.782>, < 0.223, 1.757>, < 1.123,  2.19>, < 2.023,
1.757>, <2.246, 0.782>, <1.623, 0>

pigment{
      image_map {
                 gif "50p_tails.gif"