POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : This year's most ARROGANT email Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:31:53 EDT (-0400)
  This year's most ARROGANT email (Message 81 to 90 of 105)
From: Alex Magidow
Subject: Re: This year's most ARROGANT email
Date: 4 Oct 1998 01:58:38
Message: <36170105.E1BDC3CF@mninter.net>
F.VERBAAS wrote:

> To avoid annoying discussions on dialects and grammar changing with time I
> herewith propose to make Latin the official language for POV. It is well
> defined, it has been pretty stable over the last two millennia, it and it
> does not use composed characters.
>
> Frans

OPTIME!!!!!! Est iustum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Perbene!

Post a reply to this message

From: Alex Magidow
Date: 4 Oct 1998 02:02:40
Message: <361701F8.391D5B01@mninter.net>
POV vincit omnia!!!!POV pinge omnia!!!! De POV est  de Deo!!!!

F.VERBAAS wrote:

> To avoid annoying discussions on dialects and grammar changing with time I
> herewith propose to make Latin the official language for POV. It is well
> defined, it has been pretty stable over the last two millennia, it and it
> does not use composed characters.
>
> Frans

Post a reply to this message

From: Adrian A  Baumann
Date: 5 Oct 1998 05:26:08
Message: <361882a0.0@news.povray.org>
>I do believe the English have also changed the language a bit over the
>centuries.  The English of Chaucer was not the English of the Beowolf
>poet, nor is Shakespere's English that of Chaucer.  The Brittish English
>of today is not exactly that which was spoken by Shakespere, either.
>Language altering is not strictly an American habit, but in the passing
>of history nearly every language has developed it's own dialects, and
>every written language has made extensive changes to its orthography.
>Let's be fair....

Off topic, but here goes:
Those of you with RealAudio should visit
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/BBC_English/swissconf
somewhere on that site, Peter Trudgill (linguist) estimates how English will
sound in 200 years' time...

CU
Ade

Post a reply to this message