POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Equations for Baseball Seam - Web page Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Equations for Baseball Seam - Web page (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Daren Scot Wilson
Subject: Equations for Baseball Seam - Web page
Date: 26 Aug 1998 03:28:42
Message: <35E3734F.2260240@pipeline.com>
Someone asked, just a day or two ago, how to make a baseball seam.
Funny they should ask.  Seems like someone asks once every 3 or 4
months, and so I wrote up a web page about it.   This page shows some
simple equations to describe the curve that a baseball seam follows, and
shows a sample image along with complete source code.

See this at

http://www.newcolor.com/darenw/dswpov/bbseam.html

--

Daren Scot Wilson
Member, ACM

Post a reply to this message

Looks very nice.  Unfortunately, you have done a good job on softball seams.
Baseball (hardball) seams do not project out of the surface of the ball.
They also are sewed in a fashion so there are no extruding lumps between
threads.  Perhaps if you could turn your softball seams inside out you might
get a better fit with a hardball.

Jim