POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Equations for Baseball Seam - Web page : Re: Equations for Baseball Seam - Web page Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Equations for Baseball Seam - Web page
From: David Cook
Date: 28 Aug 1998 16:25:49
Message: <35e7043d.0@news.povray.org>
Wow, great idea!  I hadn't thought of it until you mentioned it, but this
would be a great application for peano, dragon, etc. curves. These are
considered "space filling" curves, which would make really interesting
textures when applied to a sphere. Although its easy to create images of
these curves, then texture-map them over the sphere. But by generating them
mathematically, you would a) guarrantee that the texture is seamless, and b)
be constructed of interesting objects, as you've demonstrated in your
example image.