POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : visible flourescent/neon tube light Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  visible flourescent/neon tube light (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: Scott Hill
Subject: Re: visible fluorescent/neon tube light
Date: 9 Sep 1998 13:20:55
Message: <01bddbf5$2d55a560$8c00a8c0@shindo>
Nieminen Mika <war### [at] assaricctutfi> wrote in article
<35f65710.0@news.povray.org>...
> Johannes Hubert <jhu### [at] algonetse> wrote:
> : Create your neonsign object.
> : Give it an ambient value of 1, so that it glows by itself. Also set the
> : "no_shadow" property.
> [snip]
> : Note: This workaround will not light up objects close to the sign in a
> : realistic manner
>
>   This can be achieved with (surprise!) radiosity :)
>   A very bright object (like one with ambient set to 1) emits lots of its
> color to its surroundings, so with proper radiosity settings it will look
> like it's actually emitting light.
>   This effect can be seen in the images at
> http://iki.fi/warp/pics/Radiosity_test/

	Is there a description of these images and the objects in the scene
available any where ? Like which use this high ambient technique (I think I
can work it out from the 'without radiosity' pictures, but it would be nice
to know for sure) and what radiosity settings were used ? etc, etc.

--
Scott Hill
Sco### [at] DDLinkscouk

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't
exist..."
								- Verbal Kint.

"the Internet is here so we can waste time talking about nothing in
 particular when we should be working" - Marcus Hill.

Post a reply to this message