POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone? Server Time
19 Mar 2024 01:03:15 EDT (-0400)
  Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone? (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: greytery
Subject: Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone?
Date: 9 Dec 2019 08:20:00
Message: <web.5dee4688743e96a85dfb0950@news.povray.org>
Downloaded and compiled the Linux version of v3.8 master.

The Command Line parameter Input_File_Name (+Ifile) is no longer working as per
V3.7, and has been removed from the 3.8 documentation. Was "3.2.5.2 Include File
Name" in V3.7. (Yet it is still mentioned elsewhere).
If I specify +Iscene.ini it is treated as if it is a .pov file and fails to
parse.

Why has it been removed?

How do you do animations from the Command Line (i.e. Linux) if you can't control
frames, clock, etc via the .ini file?

Post a reply to this message

> Downloaded and compiled the Linux version of v3.8 master.
>
> The Command Line parameter Input_File_Name (+Ifile) is no longer working as per
> V3.7, and has been removed from the 3.8 documentation. Was "3.2.5.2 Include File
> Name" in V3.7. (Yet it is still mentioned elsewhere).
> If I specify +Iscene.ini it is treated as if it is a .pov file and fails to
> parse.
>
> Why has it been removed?
>
> How do you do animations from the Command Line (i.e. Linux) if you can't control
> frames, clock, etc via the .ini file?

ini file works, don't use the switch (only used with scene files, aiui).  eg:

  $ povray myini

if you use sections in the ini, you'll have to use quotes:

  $ povray 'myini[hires]'

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message