POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone? : Re: Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:43:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 9 Dec 2019 21:10:01
Message: <web.5deefdeccce2d5d4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> and those.  (have never actually used quick colours)  (inis make using multiple
> declare=xyz=off type controls easy, I prefer it over having to '#switch' in the
> scene)

Not immediately apparent to me - maybe you can post an illustrative example
somewhere at some point.

> I don't want to sound .. disparaging, but, ime, that's not how it works, you
> just have to have no alternative (initially, at least).

Sound as disparaging as you want.  I have an ex-wife.  You'd need to struggle to
register on that logarithmic scale.  ;)  :D

> when (_if_) I get to the point where I can understand and make your code "my
> own", I plan to replicate the pulleys depicted on the cover of this book:
> <www.amazon.com/POSIX-4-Programmers-Guide-Programming-World/dp/1565920740>

Well that ought to be easy, though I'll have to see how well-suited what I have
is for the hanging weight-to-pulley parts.  Most of what I was aiming for was
drawing "closed" curves, not the "open" or loose-end parts of block and tackle.