POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Default values in v3.8.0 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Default values in v3.8.0 (Message 5 to 14 of 24)
<<< Previous 4 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: dick balaska
Subject: Re: Default values in v3.8.0
Date: 20 Sep 2018 18:46:15
Message: <5ba42337$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/20/2018 06:43 PM, dick balaska wrote:

> The quickres.ini he mentions does not have "Right" as an attribute (just
> Width, Height, and Antialias foo). So 1280x720 *will* look different
> then he has previously seen.  It will be more correct :) but it will be
> different.

That was a dumb statement.  There is no camera in quickres, so there
couldn't be a "right".

--
dik
Rendered 1024 of 921600 pixels (0%)

Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Date: 20 Sep 2018 20:05:01
Message: <web.5ba434a7c511635aa47873e10@news.povray.org>
> Am 20.09.2018 um 22:19 schrieb Kenneth:

> > I don't usually mess with   right  x*image_width/image_height...
>
> Presuming that by "I don't usually mess with..." you mean "I usually
> use..." (as opposed to e.g. "I don't even try to use..."), there's no
> need to worry.

Yeah, that's the case-- I always specify right... in a camera, but almost always
leave it alone (at the default.)

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Date: 20 Sep 2018 20:21:16
Message: <5ba4397c$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/20/2018 8:00 PM, Kenneth wrote:
>> Am 20.09.2018 um 22:19 schrieb Kenneth:
>
>>> I don't usually mess with   right  x*image_width/image_height...
>>
>> Presuming that by "I don't usually mess with..." you mean "I usually
>> use..." (as opposed to e.g. "I don't even try to use..."), there's no
>> need to worry.
>>

> Yeah, that's the case-- I always specify right... in a camera, but almost always
> leave it alone (at the default.)

By specifying `right` you are not using any defaults at all. The
defaults only come into play when you *don't* specify `right`.

Mike

Post a reply to this message