POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Default values in v3.8.0 : Re: Default values in v3.8.0 Server Time
26 Apr 2024 06:59:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Default values in v3.8.0
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 30 Sep 2018 18:06:55
Message: <5bb148ff$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/22/18 8:14 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 23.09.2018 um 00:40 schrieb Jim Holsenback:
>> On 9/19/18 4:46 PM, clipka wrote:
>>> In POV-Ray v3.8.0, default values will be chaned as follows:
>>
>> haven't started on this yet...a quick glance was all i did for now but i
>> /think/ i've already done some of them. i'm burnt so give me a bit
>
> The new `ambient` and camera defaults are indeed already doc'd, so it's
> a matter of finding a good place to document the new pigment colour (the
> old default of pitch black doesn't seem to be explicitly mentioned) and
> to overhaul the behaviour of the `#version` statement with respect to
> the defaults.
>
> Nothing too urgent I think, so no pressure.

for default pigment just a brief /change/ annotation:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Pigment

i created a talk page for the rest:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference_Talk:Version_Directive

i cleaned up the intro paragraph. after the syntax diagram i grouped the
expanded discussions together. followed by examples.

in the 1st paragraph after the syntax at the sentence... As with version
3.8 or later... things kind of fell apart for me. what you had written
just didn't make any sense so that was the best i could do. please
review and edit on the talk page.