POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Default values in v3.8.0 : Re: Default values in v3.8.0 Server Time
18 Apr 2024 23:13:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Default values in v3.8.0
From: clipka
Date: 22 Sep 2018 20:14:22
Message: <5ba6dade$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.09.2018 um 00:40 schrieb Jim Holsenback:
> On 9/19/18 4:46 PM, clipka wrote:
>> In POV-Ray v3.8.0, default values will be chaned as follows:
>
> haven't started on this yet...a quick glance was all i did for now but i
> /think/ i've already done some of them. i'm burnt so give me a bit

The new `ambient` and camera defaults are indeed already doc'd, so it's
a matter of finding a good place to document the new pigment colour (the
old default of pitch black doesn't seem to be explicitly mentioned) and
to overhaul the behaviour of the `#version` statement with respect to
the defaults.

Nothing too urgent I think, so no pressure.