POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : The picture does not change even if the code is modified. Server Time
19 Apr 2024 23:33:47 EDT (-0400)
  The picture does not change even if the code is modified. (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: B  Gimeno
Subject: The picture does not change even if the code is modified.
Date: 5 Jan 2014 11:30:01
Message: <web.52c987c37d6d6347ae2fd8290@news.povray.org>
I do not know if this is the right forum, since I've only checked in the windows
version, please follow these instructions and confirm if you repeat the same
strange error.

1.- Open a new file.
2.- Insert Menu -> Ready_Made Scenes -> Basic scene M2
3.- At the end of this scene Insert Menu -> Basic shapes -> torus 1
4.- Alt-G (you should have now an image of a yellow doughnut, yes?)
5.- Press Ctrol-Z ONCE (the torus code is deleted)
6.- Now Insert Menu -> Basic shapes -> torus 2
7.- Alt-G
8.- Here you have, the same result with another code.

Try now, press Ctrol-Z (delete torus), Alt-G (generate the scene without torus),
and insert the torus 2 again.

In my test now is a vertical grey torus.

English is not my native language and I'm using the google translator to write
this post, my apologies to who might feel offended by my grammatical errors.

Regards.
B. Gimeno

Post a reply to this message

> I do not know if this is the right forum, since I've only checked in the windows
> version, please follow these instructions and confirm if you repeat the same
> strange error.
>
> 1.- Open a new file.
> 2.- Insert Menu -> Ready_Made Scenes -> Basic scene M2
> 3.- At the end of this scene Insert Menu -> Basic shapes -> torus 1
> 4.- Alt-G (you should have now an image of a yellow doughnut, yes?)
> 5.- Press Ctrol-Z ONCE (the torus code is deleted)
> 6.- Now Insert Menu -> Basic shapes -> torus 2
> 7.- Alt-G
> 8.- Here you have, the same result with another code.
>
> Try now, press Ctrol-Z (delete torus), Alt-G (generate the scene without torus),
> and insert the torus 2 again.
>
> In my test now is a vertical grey torus.
>
> English is not my native language and I'm using the google translator to write
> this post, my apologies to who might feel offended by my grammatical errors.
>
> Regards.
> B. Gimeno
I don't know what error you see? The first torus is orange and on the ground,
the second is grey and vertical (since a rotation on x-axis is apply). All seems
correct.

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 5 Jan 2014 14:51:55
Message: <52c9b7db$1@news.povray.org>
Le 05/01/2014 20:22, Fractracer nous fit lire :
> "B. Gimeno" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> I do not know if this is the right forum, since I've only checked in the windows
>> version, please follow these instructions and confirm if you repeat the same
>> strange error.
>>
>> 1.- Open a new file.
>> 2.- Insert Menu -> Ready_Made Scenes -> Basic scene M2
>> 3.- At the end of this scene Insert Menu -> Basic shapes -> torus 1
>> 4.- Alt-G (you should have now an image of a yellow doughnut, yes?)
>> 5.- Press Ctrol-Z ONCE (the torus code is deleted)
>> 6.- Now Insert Menu -> Basic shapes -> torus 2
>> 7.- Alt-G
>> 8.- Here you have, the same result with another code.
>>
>> Try now, press Ctrol-Z (delete torus), Alt-G (generate the scene without torus),
>> and insert the torus 2 again.
>>
>> In my test now is a vertical grey torus.
>>
>> English is not my native language and I'm using the google translator to write
>> this post, my apologies to who might feel offended by my grammatical errors.
>>
>> Regards.
>> B. Gimeno
> I don't know what error you see? The first torus is orange and on the ground,
> the second is grey and vertical (since a rotation on x-axis is apply). All seems
> correct.

Could it happen that the file is not (automatically) saved on the second
render ?

Post a reply to this message

From: MichaelJF
Date: 5 Jan 2014 15:05:01
Message: <web.52c9bac634a4d024a29f30bb0@news.povray.org>
> I don't know what error you see? The first torus is orange and on the ground,
> the second is grey and vertical (since a rotation on x-axis is apply). All seems
> correct.

I can reproduce this strange behaviour reported by B. Gimeno completely. I have
used an other object from the insert menu (half hollowed rounded cylinder2)
instead of torus2. It was rendered correctly. I assume this is an issue with the
Windows Editor. May be that it doesn't recognise changes in some cases. I ever
use the option to save changes and render them by hitting the render button and
never experienced such an odd behaviour before.

Best regards,
Michael

Post a reply to this message

From: Fractracer
Date: 5 Jan 2014 15:20:01
Message: <web.52c9bd7334a4d0249d0caeb40@news.povray.org>
"MichaelJF" <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> > I don't know what error you see? The first torus is orange and on the ground,
> > the second is grey and vertical (since a rotation on x-axis is apply). All seems
> > correct.
>
> I can reproduce this strange behaviour reported by B. Gimeno completely. I have
> used an other object from the insert menu (half hollowed rounded cylinder2)
> instead of torus2. It was rendered correctly. I assume this is an issue with the
> Windows Editor. May be that it doesn't recognise changes in some cases. I ever
> use the option to save changes and render them by hitting the render button and
> never experienced such an odd behaviour before.
>
> Best regards,
> Michael

Or maybe the flag +C is set...

Post a reply to this message

From: B  Gimeno
Date: 5 Jan 2014 15:25:00
Message: <web.52c9bef634a4d024ae2fd8290@news.povray.org>
"B. Gimeno" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I do not know if this is the right forum, since I've only checked in the windows
> version, please follow these instructions and confirm if you repeat the same
> strange error.
>
> 1.- Open a new file.
> 2.- Insert Menu -> Ready_Made Scenes -> Basic scene M2
> 3.- At the end of this scene Insert Menu -> Basic shapes -> torus 1
> 4.- Alt-G (you should have now an image of a yellow doughnut, yes?)
> 5.- Press Ctrol-Z ONCE (the torus code is deleted)
> 6.- Now Insert Menu -> Basic shapes -> torus 2
> 7.- Alt-G
> 8.- Here you have, the same result with another code.
>
> Try now, press Ctrol-Z (delete torus), Alt-G (generate the scene without torus),
> and insert the torus 2 again.
>
> In my test now is a vertical grey torus.
>
> English is not my native language and I'm using the google translator to write
> this post, my apologies to who might feel offended by my grammatical errors.
>
> Regards.
> B. Gimeno

 Sorry, I forgot to include the following information:
Pov-ray v.3.7
windows 7 64 bits

Post a reply to this message

From: MichaelJF
Date: 5 Jan 2014 16:45:00
Message: <web.52c9d23234a4d024a29f30bb0@news.povray.org>
>  Sorry, I forgot to include the following information:
> Pov-ray v.3.7
> windows 7 64 bits

I reproduced your findings with Windows 8.1 64 bit and POV 3.7.0 of course. And
no, +C still does not work correctly, so I didn't use it.

Best regards,
Michael

Post a reply to this message

From: Fractracer
Date: 5 Jan 2014 17:30:01
Message: <web.52c9dc7834a4d0249d0caeb40@news.povray.org>
"MichaelJF" <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> >  Sorry, I forgot to include the following information:
> > Pov-ray v.3.7
> > windows 7 64 bits
>
> I reproduced your findings with Windows 8.1 64 bit and POV 3.7.0 of course. And
> no, +C still does not work correctly, so I didn't use it.
>
> Best regards,
> Michael

I can't reproduce this error, I run on W732bits, maybe the 64 bits version is
bugged here.

Post a reply to this message

From: Sherry K  Shaw
Date: 5 Jan 2014 18:00:28
Message: <52c9e40c$1@news.povray.org>
B. Gimeno wrote:
> 5.- Press Ctrol-Z ONCE...

Are you using autosave?  I haven't tried this on the current POV
version, but I've noticed that in older versions, the "clean code/dirty
code" detector DOES NOT DISTINGUISH between changes with the same number
of keystrokes with a Ctrl-Z between them.  That is, if you type a line,
save, use Ctrl-Z to undo the last character, and then type a different
character, the editor doesn't recognize that the code has changed.

I know I'm not explaining this very well, since my fingers and my brain
are all very cold right now ;) but if you watch the save button
(grayed-out when the code is "clean") you can see this happen.

--Sherry Shaw

Post a reply to this message

From: B  Gimeno
Date: 6 Jan 2014 13:40:01
Message: <web.52caf85c34a4d024ae2fd8290@news.povray.org>
> I don't know what error you see? The first torus is orange and on the ground,
> the second is grey and vertical (since a rotation on x-axis is apply). All seems
> correct.

Have you followed the instructions exactly?
If you have generated three images, the first should be a yellow torus torus and
the following two a gray torus. If you get two gray torus following my steps
WITHOUT TOUCHING ANY OTHER KEY, let us know, please. I have found that the
result is correct if touched (for example) the spacebar.

Regards,
B. Gimeno