POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : The picture does not change even if the code is modified. : Re: The picture does not change even if the code is modified. Server Time
25 Apr 2024 04:33:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The picture does not change even if the code is modified.
From: Sherry K  Shaw
Date: 5 Jan 2014 18:00:28
Message: <52c9e40c$1@news.povray.org>
B. Gimeno wrote:
> 5.- Press Ctrol-Z ONCE...

Are you using autosave?  I haven't tried this on the current POV
version, but I've noticed that in older versions, the "clean code/dirty
code" detector DOES NOT DISTINGUISH between changes with the same number
of keystrokes with a Ctrl-Z between them.  That is, if you type a line,
save, use Ctrl-Z to undo the last character, and then type a different
character, the editor doesn't recognize that the code has changed.

I know I'm not explaining this very well, since my fingers and my brain
are all very cold right now ;) but if you watch the save button
(grayed-out when the code is "clean") you can see this happen.

--Sherry Shaw