POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : beta 29: queue with radiosity crashes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:27:40 EDT (-0400)
  beta 29: queue with radiosity crashes (Message 1 to 10 of 36)
From: Roman
Subject: beta 29: queue with radiosity crashes
Date: 27 Dec 2008 10:55:01
Message: <web.49564f316561fd8b4d3e17860@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone

this is my first contribution here.
I'm running the 64bit beta 29 on Windows Vista x64. Intel quadcore CPU, 4GB RAM.

I'm trying to render a rather long sequence of images with radiosity with the
built-in queue feature. The first scene renders problem-freely, but the
subsequent ones in the queue fail with an "unknown internal error".

Instead of the official queue I also tried to use a batch script to call POV-Ray
and render each image one after the other. Again, the first image is output
correctly, but right after that, an error message pops up saying that an
unhandled exception occurred and prompting me to save a memory dump to disk.
That wouldn't be a problem if the batch loop weren't interrupted by this user
interaction demand, but this obviously prevents an automated rendering.

So I came to the beta page and found that this memory dump feature only exists
since beta 16. Is there a page where I can download previous beta versions? I'd
like to have a shot at beta 15.

I don't observe this problem when radiosity is deactivated.

The reason why I can't use 3.6.1 is that it lacks full parallelism. Rendering
the whole movie would take much too long in serial processing.

Any help ist highly appreciated!

Roman

Post a reply to this message