POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : beta 29: queue with radiosity crashes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  beta 29: queue with radiosity crashes (Message 11 to 20 of 36)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: beta 29: queue with radiosity crashes
Date: 27 Dec 2008 17:20:22
Message: <4956aa26$1@news.povray.org>
alphaQuad wrote:
> "clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> "alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
>>> how many people
>>> just give up because of what is MS compiled? Now that I think more of it, you
>>> guys are usin like MS 2007 whatever its called now?
>>>
>>> Mingw all the way or we waste our time and everyone else's time!!!!!!!!!!!IMHO
>> OMG - another religious zealot!
>>
>> I bet you don't even have an idea of what you're talking about.
>
> one more thing. burnin bridges - real bright on your part.

ROFL - you are so funny! *plonk*

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 27 Dec 2008 18:15:00
Message: <web.4956b5e786257958513c86b90@news.povray.org>
"alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> > I bet you don't even have an idea of what you're talking about.
>
> yah its called a C++ standard to which MS cant stick. Sun microsystems sued and
> won ten million (albeit a drop in the bucket) for niggin on Java contract.
> Nothing "religious" about it. Its called reality. Denial changes nothing, get
> out of it.

Question #1: What on earth have Java and Sun Microsystems to do with C++??

Question #2: What has a C++ compiler with nonstandard features to do with
developing portable software that adheres to standards?

Ad #2 I can tell you from my experience that the answer in a well-managed
project is: Nothing. You just don't use those nonstandard features.

Even though an MS Visual Studio project is maintained for POV-Ray, the render
engine is designed to compile on Unix systems just as fine. And even the
Windows frontend is designed to compile with other compiler suites, most
notably the Intel C++ compiler.

Mingw sucks just as much as any other particular runtime environment you are
custom-tailoring a product for. The best solution is to not custom-tailor it to
*ANY* particular RTE.

So shut up that childish "my platform is better than yours", because that's not
how *real* portable software is developed.

Post a reply to this message

> "alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> how many people
> > just give up because of what is MS compiled? Now that I think more of it, you
> > guys are usin like MS 2007 whatever its called now?
>
> .... oh, and BTW - according to your report, it's the stuff compiled with Intel
> C++ that crapped up, while the MS-compiled stuff runs fine.
>
> See?

Perhaps Microsoft C++ extensions? ;)

yeah, I'm a zealot too... :P

Post a reply to this message

> > .... oh, and BTW - according to your report, it's the stuff compiled with Intel
> > C++ that crapped up, while the MS-compiled stuff runs fine.
> >
> > See?
>
> Perhaps Microsoft C++ extensions? ;)
>
> yeah, I'm a zealot too... :P

No, *you* are just plain mean :)

Post a reply to this message

> > .... oh, and BTW - according to your report, it's the stuff compiled with Intel
> > C++ that crapped up, while the MS-compiled stuff runs fine.
> >
> > See?
>
> Perhaps Microsoft C++ extensions? ;)

.... and by the way, no: Most likely not, because the older versions of POV-Ray
used the Intel C++ as the reference compiler ,)

Post a reply to this message

> >> OMG - another religious zealot!
> >>
> >> I bet you don't even have an idea of what you're talking about.
> >
> > one more thing. burnin bridges - real bright on your part.
>
> ROFL - you are so funny! *plonk*
>
>  Thorsten

you are the funny one out of control on the floor, you're not too bright either,

as the problems you will not resolve shall make evident

Post a reply to this message

"alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> you are the funny one out of control on the floor, you're not too bright either,
>
> as the problems you will not resolve shall make evident

You don't like the way he's developing the software?

Well, take it or leave it then.

Post a reply to this message

> "alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> how many people
> > just give up because of what is MS compiled? Now that I think more of it, you
> > guys are usin like MS 2007 whatever its called now?
>
> .... oh, and BTW - according to your report, it's the stuff compiled with Intel
> C++ that crapped up, while the MS-compiled stuff runs fine.
>
> See?
It was rhetorical, duh.

Let point out another little additional tidbit, instead of just answering a Q
with info, you have to get all egotisica with some moronic superiority complex.

Thinking you are superior to another only proves your inferiority.

No wonder there is not more going on here, you're all a bunch of jerks.

I wouldn't help you losers, ever.

Post a reply to this message

"alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> Thinking you are superior to another only proves your inferiority.
>
> No wonder there is not more going on here, you're all a bunch of jerks.
>
> I wouldn't help you losers, ever.

No comment needed here...

Post a reply to this message