POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : stupid unix ./configure script Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  stupid unix ./configure script (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: clipka
Subject: stupid unix ./configure script
Date: 22 Dec 2008 15:55:01
Message: <web.494ffd924e4b35bcedb0f3170@news.povray.org>
The ./configure script seems to be a bit braindead:

- When it can't find the compiler specified via "CXX" parameter, it instead
complains that it doesn't find the "boost" libraries.

- When the compiler can't find its libraries, it instead claims that it "cannot
find a suitable ZLIB library".

So doing a general check for a working compiler and linker environment first
(maybe trying to compile, link and run some "Hello World") would be helpful to
the end user.

I tried to ./configure POV-ray for using the Intel C++ compiler instead of GNU
C++, and ran into these error messages because - as I ultimately found out -
had forgotten to run the compiler's "iccvars.sh" script first.

Post a reply to this message

> I tried to ./configure POV-ray for using the Intel C++ compiler instead of GNU
> C++

	Never faced this problem before (the beta binaries come as both ICC-
and GCC-builds) but that may be because of my customized install of ICC.
	Any patch to suggest here?

	Thanks,
	- NC

Post a reply to this message