POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : stupid unix ./configure script : Re: stupid unix ./configure script Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:35:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stupid unix ./configure script
From: clipka
Date: 7 Jan 2009 10:30:01
Message: <web.4964c9725af3fc2bbdc576310@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Calimet <pov### [at] freefr> wrote:
> > - When it can't find the compiler specified via "CXX" parameter, it instead
> > complains that it doesn't find the "boost" libraries.
> >
> > - When the compiler can't find its libraries, it instead claims that it "cannot
> > find a suitable ZLIB library".
>
>  If you still have the corresponding config.log file, please mail it to me.

Unfortunately, even if I still had it, it would be among the victims of the HDD
(Hard Disk Death). If I run across the same issue when re-installing the whole
smash, I'll get back to you.

> > I tried to ./configure POV-ray for using the Intel C++ compiler instead of GNU
> > C++, and ran into these error messages because - as I ultimately found out -
> > had forgotten to run the compiler's "iccvars.sh" script first.
>
>  I suppose this has to do with the latest version (11.x) of icc.  I'll try
> to test it for the next beta (but need to get a working license first).

Getting an Linux ICC 11.0 license for non-profit use is no big deal as it seems.
IIRC I had to register, but got the compiler for free.