POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta updates Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Beta updates (Message 21 to 30 of 40)
From: Trevor G Quayle
Subject: Re: Beta updates
Date: 5 Oct 2007 15:55:00
Message: <web.470695b2705785e8c150d4c10@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Warp wrote:
> >>>
> >> Yes but as I won't use 3.7 for the reason stated, that would not make sense.
> >
> >   So you basically refuse to even try to test your scenes if they work
> > with pov3.7 or not? Yes, it makes a whole lot of sense.
> >
> What would be the point if I am not going to spend time figuring out
> what went wrong if it does?

You don't need to figure out what went wrong, just how to replicate it (ie,
the scene that caused it).

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

From: dkanter
Date: 7 Oct 2007 01:35:00
Message: <web.47086eee705785e84c5921e90@news.povray.org>
> dkanter wrote:
> > First of all, does anyone know when beta 23 will be released?  Second, would
> > the developers consider removing the date checking in betas?  I understand
> > the rationale behind it, but it seems like a very user-unfriendly feature,
> > especially when there isn't always a current beta available.
>
> Starting with the next Windows beta I will be changing things such that
> after the expiry date, a warning is displayed which has to be clicked-
> through rather than not running at all. Though there probably still will be
> an absolute timeout, it will be in the order of six to twelve months or so.
>
> -- Chris

Chris,

Thank you very much for listening to the concerns that we've brought up!  I
really appreciate it, and I'll look forward to future versions.

Just a brief comment - I use POV-Ray with some scripting tools, and it would
be nice if whatever warning you display can be 'clicked through' using
key-strokes only.  The Windows mouse input API is fairly unreliable and
broken, so a key-strokes only script is much more desirable.

Thanks again for all your efforts!

David

Post a reply to this message

> Just a brief comment - I use POV-Ray with some scripting tools, and it would
> be nice if whatever warning you display can be 'clicked through' using
> key-strokes only.  The Windows mouse input API is fairly unreliable and
> broken, so a key-strokes only script is much more desirable.

Ugh... If you want good compatibility with scripts, stick to the stable
versions.

How about a captcha on the click-through screen? :P (just kidding!)

Post a reply to this message