POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta updates : Re: Beta updates Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta updates
From: Simon
Date: 8 Oct 2007 04:14:03
Message: <4709e6cb@news.povray.org>
> Starting with the next Windows beta I will be changing things such that
> after the expiry date, a warning is displayed which has to be clicked-
> through rather than not running at all. Though there probably still will
> be
> an absolute timeout, it will be in the order of six to twelve months or
> so.
>
> -- Chris

I'm also going to add a "thanks" here - this would be great. Whilst I
personally think using a Beta in scripting is stupid, if it's a windows
dialogue box (Yes/No or Yes/No/Cancel, etc...) then using Tab Escape and
Enter should do the job for windows scripters if they want to avoid the
mouse. As to the linux version, a _huge_ message displayed for a couple of
seconds sounds OK to me (Preferably only on the first image if an
animation? - so maybe just in the thread that controls the render process,
not in the render process itself.)

Thanks Again

-Simon