POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : How to get involved? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  How to get involved? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: clipka
Subject: How to get involved?
Date: 19 Dec 2008 21:55:00
Message: <web.494c5db633949b3be71a54f80@news.povray.org>
Uh-oh - I guess I'm going to regret this... well, anyway...

*(takes deep breath)*

So I want radiosity fully working ASAP in the 3.7 SMP, someone said there's
already a suggestion how to do it but there's a lack of manpower to do it, and
my secret identity happens to be that of a software developer with some C/C++
skills...

.... so what's the deal to get myself involved in this one?

- Who's that "Christoph" who is said to have sketched some solution already?
- What's the current status?
- Where's development happening?

Post a reply to this message

> Uh-oh - I guess I'm going to regret this... well, anyway...
>
> *(takes deep breath)*
>
> So I want radiosity fully working ASAP in the 3.7 SMP, someone said there's
> already a suggestion how to do it but there's a lack of manpower to do it, and
> my secret identity happens to be that of a software developer with some C/C++
> skills...
>
> .... so what's the deal to get myself involved in this one?
>
> - What's the current status?
> - Where's development happening?

Just get the source code from the beta page and start working on it. It does
not matter which version of the 3.7 beta source code you use, as the
relevant parts are in very few files. Once it all works properly, send the
changed files (no diffs, please!) to the POV-Team. Not much more to say,
really ;-)

	Thorsten, POV-Team

Post a reply to this message

> Just get the source code from the beta page and start working on it. It does
> not matter which version of the 3.7 beta source code you use, as the
> relevant parts are in very few files. Once it all works properly, send the
> changed files (no diffs, please!) to the POV-Team. Not much more to say,
> really ;-)

I see... you didn't mention this Christoph guy though, or the idea he allegedly
had already...?

>  Thorsten, POV-Team

Is there a list of other POV-Team members and their e-mail addresses somewhere?

Post a reply to this message