POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Windows beta 29 available Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:25:22 EDT (-0400)
  Windows beta 29 available (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: Windows beta 29 available
Date: 3 Oct 2008 10:22:33
Message: <48e62aa9@news.povray.org>
[followups set to povray.beta-test]

Folks -

Windows beta 29 is available via http://www.povray.org/beta/.

[followups set to povray.beta-test]

Changes between 3.7.beta.28 and 3.7.beta.29

Allow POVWIN 'save as' to succeed without 'file is already open in editor'
error if case of current file is being changed.

Improved detection of true number of logical and physical cores on Intel CPU's.

Added colored text output to POVWIN message window. warning and debug messages
get different colors than error messages and standard text.

Added ability to declare an identifier as deprecated.

Many updates to scene and include files (see revision.txt for more details).

Worked around issue where new (for 3.7) crackle hash function returns large
range of possible values, causing memory used by cache to grow quickly. Work-
around is to revert to old hash function (this may also make crackle faster
since now we will get more cache hits).

Moved assumed location of POVWIN user-editable files into a subdir of 'My
Documents'.

Fixed two crashes reported in thread
<web.48b1839e38b6f50ec03ef3130@news.povray.org>.

Fixed sphere_sweep parse crash reported in
<web.48bc447cc2ccad1e8510f03f0@news.povray.org>.

Changed POVWIN UCS2 handling so that ASCII codes > 127 but < 256 are able to
be used. This should solve the issue reported in <48c04138$1@news.povray.org>.

Changed media confidence test to accept 0.0 as per docs.

Fixed crash in JPEG code.

Included Solaris patch by John Martin as reported in
<web.47e9bdccd4b82d06c7064b8c0%40news.povray.org>.

  Deprecation Support
  -------------------

  The ability to add a 'deprecated' flag to a #declare has been added. This is
  to aid in migrating scenes away from old constructs (e.g. old textures). The
  usage is illustrated below:

    #declare deprecated Col_Glass_Old=color rgbf <0.8, 0.9, 0.85, 0.85>;
    #declare deprecated once Col_Glass_Old=... etc
    #declare deprecated "Some message" Col_Glass_Old=... etc

  A deprecated identifier generates no message at the time it is declared: a
  warning is only issued if it is used.

  If the optional 'once' keyword is present it must immediately follow the
  'deprecated' keyword and indicates that the warning should only be
  displayed once per parse.

  If the optional message string is present, it will be used as the warning
  to be displayed if the identifier is used. Otherwise, a message of the form
  "Identifier 'Col_Glass_Old' was declared deprecated." is used.

  An identifier is considered 'used' if it is referenced anywhere (even if in
  another #declare).

Post a reply to this message