POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Windows beta 29 available : Re: Windows beta 29 available Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows beta 29 available
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 4 Oct 2008 02:23:29
Message: <48e70be1@news.povray.org>
"Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> "Bob Hughes" <omniverse charter net> wrote:
>> Only one minor problem encountered here, been using the same povray.ini
>> copied to each new installation and apparently Output_File_Name= requires
>> a final backslash \ in the path (if just a folder is used) or else an
>> error about not being able to write the "pov state" file happens.
>>
>> c:\renderings\  is ok,  c:\renderings  is not.
>
> Output_File_Name=c:\renderings should output the image to
> c:\renderings.png

I'd expect so unless a folder exists with that path name. Don't ask me why,
I just do.

Curiously, it seemed to not matter before, I'd get the image into the proper
folder anyhow. With beta 28 uninstalled I can't recheck that but I have
rendered many scene files with only the povray.ini telling where to put
them, backslash or not... until this beta complained.
Simple syntax things like this gets easily forgotten by me over time. I
wouldn't know if or when the correct way to write file paths ever changed
since I get one way working and move on from there.  ; )

Bob