POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Windows beta 29 available : Re: Windows beta 29 available Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows beta 29 available
From: Chris Cason
Date: 5 Oct 2008 00:37:16
Message: <48e8447c@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> the other betas and can't check what the last ones used) Is there any particular
> reason for that? I think it is giving my modeller problems importing the search

yes; as a file that is intended to be edited by individual users, it can't
be installed in a system-wide location. while technically I could install
it in the same location as the binaries, the binaries aren't always going
to be unique to a single user and may not be writeable by the user using
the program.

-- Chris