POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : -state at interrupted render Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:13:55 EDT (-0400)
  -state at interrupted render (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: -state at interrupted render
Date: 7 Dec 2006 03:28:37
Message: <4577d0b5$1@news.povray.org>
Forgive me if this has been asked before. I couldn't find a mention of it.

When interrupting a render, the output file shows the scene name with -state
added to it, instead of showing the image up to the moment of rendering.
Also, that file may be quite large, so I wondered if this was a (future)
possibility to restart and continue a render at the place where it was
interrupted? That would be very convenient in fact!

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> Also, that file may be quite large, so I wondered if this was a (future)
> possibility to restart and continue a render at the place where it was
> interrupted? That would be very convenient in fact!

The state file does contain continuation information (amongst other things)
and is used by the continuation feature. Note that this feature already
exists in previous versions, albeit in a more limited form - please see the
documentation for details.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message