POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Animation capabilty complete yet? beta 7 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Animation capabilty complete yet? beta 7 (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Animation capabilty complete yet? beta 7
Date: 25 Jul 2005 23:05:33
Message: <42e5a87d$1@news.povray.org>
I've seen a difference in one example scene animation from 3.6.1 and
3.7.beta.7.

Since I was checking on this new beta for its "animation support" I went
about editing the file Scenes\Animations\speclr.pov so it would show
roughness variations along with the already changing specular amount, which
it already did, then realized the decimal number returned by str() was
skipping 0.1 (going directly from 0.0 to 0.2).

Next I found Cyclic_Animation in the file speclr.ini didn't seem to work the
same as in 3.6, or at least that something was different about it. That
meaning, the final scene values don't stay the same between the two
versions. In this particular case my roughness value went negative due to
there being one too many calculations with the clock variable.

Sorry, I haven't delved far into this, I just thought it peculiar that there
would be any differences like this between the program versions at all and
maybe this could be a bug. Or I thought perhaps the animation functionality
might still be incomplete. Hopefully I'm not trying to report something
prematurely.

P.S. another hurray for Chris and all others involved in getting this beta
out.

Bob

Post a reply to this message