POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Spline inconsistencies Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Spline inconsistencies (Message 31 to 40 of 54)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Spline inconsistencies
Date: 22 Feb 2002 06:18:24
Message: <3c762900@news.povray.org>
> Not being able to use splines in isosurface functions would be really bad
> IMO.

  How do you use splines in isosurface functions?

Date: 22 Feb 2002 06:28:28
Message: <aeac7u4rl4m01ud3gt5idacjkn4le16tpf@4ax.com>
On 22 Feb 2002 06:16:10 -0500, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> That's quite longer.

But possible in simple way. And anybody can modify this macro to distribute
points of array with parameter distributed other way (t^2, sqrt(t)).

> And it needs you to repeat points (<2,1,0> above).

Well, is this realy problem ? You can create main keys as variables. There is
many solutions in POV basad on storing things in variables.

> Compare to the equivalent in my proposal:
> #local Spline=spline{ {0,<0,0,0>} <1,0,0> {1,<2,1,0>} <3,2,1> {2,<2,2,2>} }

looks like alternative and interesting solution

ABX

Post a reply to this message

>   How do you use splines in isosurface functions?

http://www.povray.org/working-docs/id000141.html#6_1_6_3
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/more.htm

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,

Date: 22 Feb 2002 06:34:41
Message: <n4bc7u0diq1nj83l4d1mj4g304v57fo8vg@4ax.com>
On 22 Feb 2002 06:18:24 -0500, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>  How do you use splines in isosurface functions?

http://news.povray.org/0fm17ucj8h2rpb7u6ia5r5kuvd7ql58jb2%404ax.com

ABX

Post a reply to this message