POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Spline inconsistencies : Re: Spline inconsistencies Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spline inconsistencies
From: Rune
Date: 22 Feb 2002 09:44:05
Message: <3c765935@news.povray.org>
"Warp" wrote:
> Rune wrote:
> > But for basic spline usage, the syntax and use
> > is much easier with the spline{} feature.
>
>   I strongly disagree.
>   Suppose that you are making a spline with
>   evenly-distributed time values:

You keep talking about evenly distributed values. Suppose you want UNevenly
distributed values. That's *impossible* if you don't use the spline feature!

If you do want evenly distributed values, use a macro that takes an array as
input and fills in the time values for you. There you go, an easy solution
both with and without evenly distributed values. Tell me again how you do
that without the spline feature?

>   Using the current spline syntax is certainly not
> "much easier". In fact, it's a lot more tedious and
> difficult.

If you refuse to use a macro to fill in evenly distributed time values, then
you're right. But why would you do that?

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)