POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : CSG difference with text Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  CSG difference with text (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Felix Wiemann
Subject: CSG difference with text
Date: 31 Dec 2001 06:40:31
Message: <3c304eaf@news.povray.org>
POV-Ray 3.5 for Windows Beta 9, Intel Pentium 3, 600 MHz, Windows 98

See p.b-t.b !

#include "colors.inc"

camera
   {
   orthographic
   up y * 60
   right x * 80
   location z * -100
   look_at 0
   }

difference
   {
   plane
      {
      -z 0
      pigment{color White}
      finish{ambient 1}
      }
   text
      {
      ttf "signetro" "POV" 0.001 0
      scale 35
      translate <-35, -10, -0.0001>
      pigment{color Red}
      finish{ambient 1}
      }
   }

This creates a text engraved into a plane. (Please note that a plane is
a solid object.) "Signet Roundhand" is a handwriting-like font, so the
letters are big and overlap each other.
But the left part of the letter "P" is cut of. It seems to be a
bounding problem. And where the letters overlap, there are many "noisy
pixels". They were not patterned when I used the perspective camera
instead of the orthographic one.
It occures with the VC++ compile, too.

Felix Wiemann

Post a reply to this message

> But the left part of the letter "P" is cut of. It seems to be a
> bounding problem.

You may want to check if the font comes with correct bounds for its
charaters in a font editor.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

> This creates a text engraved into a plane. (Please note that a plane is
> a solid object.) "Signet Roundhand" is a handwriting-like font, so the
> letters are big and overlap each other.

> But the left part of the letter "P" is cut of. It seems to be a
> bounding problem.

Confirmed.  And reproducible with "timrom".

> And where the letters overlap, there are many "noisy
> pixels".

Coincident surfaces, maybe?

/*   videotron.ca  */}camera{location<6,1.25,-6>look_at a orthographic}

Post a reply to this message

> You may want to check if the font comes with correct bounds for its
> charaters in a font editor.
Where do I find a font editor?

Post a reply to this message