POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : CSG difference with text : Re: CSG difference with text Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:27:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG difference with text
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 31 Dec 2001 08:05:34
Message: <3C306096.7040705@videotron.ca>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> In article <3c304eaf@news.povray.org> , "Felix Wiemann"
> <Fel### [at] gmxnet> wrote:
>

>>But the left part of the letter "P" is cut of. It seems to be a
>>bounding problem.
>>

> You may want to check if the font comes with correct bounds for its
> charaters in a font editor.

As mentioned in my other post, this happens with other fonts as well.  I
dont think it is dues to the bounding of the font itself as the problem
is in the Z direction.  Testing with a modified scene shows that the
problem is that the text isn't "straight".  See image in p.b-t.b.

#include "colors.inc"
camera{
     location < 10, 15, -20 >
     look_at < 10, 0 0 >
     }
plane{
     y, 0
     pigment{ White }
     }
union{
     box{
         < -5, -1, 0 > < 25, 20, 20 >
         pigment{ Gray50 }
         }
     text{
         ttf "timrom" "POV" 0.1 0
         scale < 10, 10, 100000 >
         pigment{ Red }
         }
     }
light_source{
     < -15, 50, -15 >
     White
     }

/*   videotron.ca  */}camera{location<6,1.25,-6>look_at a orthographic}