POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : CSG difference with text : Re: CSG difference with text Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG difference with text
From: Felix Wiemann
Date: 1 Jan 2002 14:16:23
Message: <3c320b07$1@news.povray.org>
"Mike Williams" <mik### [at] nospamplease> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:NXo### [at] econymdemoncouk...
> I assume that the overlap is deliberate in the Signet Roundhand font,
> which I don't have. I don't have any fonts where the letters are
> intended to overlap. However, if I make two letters in Times Roman as
> two separate text objects and overlap them (with or without
> "orthographic") exactly the same sort of patterning occurs. I reckon
> this is just ordinary coincident surface artefacts, and not a bug.
I've just used such a font in a clock-scene. There are initials
engraved into the clock. Even I don't understand why coincident
surfaces create such artefacts with a CSG difference, I think it is a
bug, because the text object should be *one* object and not many single
objects.