POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 10 bugs Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:10:27 EDT (-0400)
  Beta 10 bugs (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Coridon Henshaw
Subject: Beta 10 bugs
Date: 15 Jan 2002 16:17:16
Message: <Xns9197A5B08390CCQ@204.213.191.226>
New bug:

1.   Demo scenes in scenes\camera\ will not parse due to B10 camera {}
     keyword ordering requirements.

Previously reported, not on official bug list:

1.   Right-click -> 'open file' on any include directive causes Pov to
     crash.

2.   Pov crashes if the user accidentally loads a TIFF file with either the
     PNG or JPEG loaders.

3.   The inside_vector keyword is highlighted in the editor and accepted by
     the parser even though Pov 3.5 doesn't appear implement any feature
     which uses the inside_vector keyword.

4.   Maximizing the render window during a trace will regularly leave a
     one-line artifact.  Screencaps available upon request.

Previously reported, on official bug list, but with new information:

1.   	The switch to the latest version of LibTIFF has not corrected TIFF
    	reading problems.  Indeed, TIFF reading is even less stable under B10
    	than under B9.  Specific test results with various TIFF subformats
      available opon request.

2.    Double clicking on the title bar to maximize Pov will only produce
      the 'cannot select' dialog if the position of the un-maximized title
      bar was below that of the lowest portion of the grey area (i.e. not
      the message window) of the maximized Pov window.

Bugs reported by others which I have been able to confirm:

1.    <llj84uk2findr74u9jpge6dlteqf19c70o@4ax.com>
    	    	CPU time used not reported in stream when render completes
           normally.

2.    <3c44497e$1@news.povray.org>
    	    	File -> Save As won't work if the destination filename is the
           same as the original filename.

Win2K, C400, 384MB.

Post a reply to this message

> 1.   Right-click -> 'open file' on any include directive causes Pov to
>      crash.

I don't recall seeing this report. And it certainly doesn't crash here. Can
anyone else confirm this ?

> 3.   The inside_vector keyword is highlighted in the editor and accepted by
>      the parser even though Pov 3.5 doesn't appear implement any feature
>      which uses the inside_vector keyword.

This means the keyword is recognized by the parser. It will have to be removed
from the parser before the highlighting will go away.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message