POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 10 bugs : Re: Beta 10 bugs Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 10 bugs
From: Coridon Henshaw
Date: 17 Jan 2002 00:05:30
Message: <Xns9199EE86EF9csbhccse@204.213.191.226>
"Chris Cason" <newsadmin-despam-@povray-no-spam.org> wrote in
news:3c464f61@news.povray.org:

> I thought you had reported this in the past (and as I recalled I'd done
> something about it. What, I can't remember). So maybe I thought you
> were referring to the old report.

I admit I may have been unclear.  Allow me to recap:

bug #1: Context->open didn't work for files outside of the standard include
        directory.  Reported during beta 8.  You implemented a fix for this
        problem in beta 9.

bug #2: The beta 9 fix for bug #1 caused Pov to crash.  I reported this
        when beta 9 was released, then rereported (as it was not on the
        official bug list) it when beta 10 was released.

        report, I conducted further tests.  These tests revealed that the
        crashes were caused because some of my library_path entries are
        network paths--something which the editor can't cope with.

bug #3: While I was conducting tests to isolate bug #2, I discovered an
        unrelated glitch in that that include files specified in relative
        library_paths won't be found by the context->open command.

I hope this is clear now.