POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 10 bugs : Re: Beta 10 bugs Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 10 bugs
From: Coridon Henshaw
Date: 16 Jan 2002 17:50:34
Message: <Xns9198B5827CCC9CQ@204.213.191.226>
"Chris Cason" <newsadmin-despam-@povray-no-spam.org> wrote in
news:3c45093e@news.povray.org:

>> 1.   Right-click -> 'open file' on any include directive causes Pov to
>>      crash.

> And it certainly doesn't crash here.  Can anyone else confirm this ?

I suspect this will be as difficult to confirm as my prior reports that the
context menu open command doesn't work reliably. Judging from the last
thread on this topic[1], this problem is likely related my particular
povray.ini setup and likely isn't duplicable in stock installs.

Working on this premise, I just hacked up my povray.ini and found the
specific problem: the editor can't cope with library_path keywords that
point to network names.  The following library_path will lock up the
editor:

Library_Path=\\celeron400\d\CG\userinclude

but this one won't:

Library_Path=d:\CG\userinclude

In the same test run I also determined that the editor can't find include
files contained in library paths which are specified without a fully-
qualified path.  The editor does not appear to check library paths relative
to either the Pov installation directory or the location of the scene file
loaded into the editor.  Personally, I'm inclined to call this a quirk in
need of documentation rather than a bug.

[1] Please refer to http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/20771/,
specifically <3c20bc6a@news.povray.org>, where you say that there was some
kind of bug in the editor, and <Xns### [at] 204213191226>,
where I say that your bug fix crashes Pov on my systems.