POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Unconfirmed bugs Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Unconfirmed bugs (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Mike Williams
Subject: Unconfirmed bugs
Date: 23 Dec 2001 19:18:00
Message: <y8dbQGAYPnJ8EwVc@econym.demon.co.uk>
Some of these have been hanging round in my unconfirmed list for months.
I assume that nobody wants to confirm them, so is there anybody out
there who wants to deny any of these so that I can drop them.

[Win] Can't select region that includes bottom and right edges of render
window
http://news.povray.org/3bdf8bd9@news.povray.org

Array assignment crash
http://news.povray.org/3bcc54ab$1@news.povray.org

Scrolling error
("codemax window stays the same as my desktop until I scroll")
http://news.povray.org/3be31146$1@news.povray.org

max_trace_level affects radiosity recursion_limit
(Setting max_trace_level 1 disables radiosity and max_trace_level 2 sets
recursion_limit to 1)
http://news.povray.org/3BE40295.6C3D54DE@engineer.com

Bugs with string/macro handling
http://news.povray.org/3be76148$1@news.povray.org

Philosophical objection to fog distance=0
(Fog colour is then ignored)
http://news.povray.org/3BE7E897.FEC8EF6@aol.com

Animated textures
(memory usage goes quite high)
http://news.povray.org/3bea26bf@news.povray.org

Media visible container line in front of object
(a visible whitish line appears at the edge of a transparent container
box for media)
http://news.povray.org/3bf45a3d@news.povray.org

Priority troubles
(higher priorities cause slower render)
http://news.povray.org/

[win gui] line with error highlighted but render finished succesfully
http://news.povray.org/va2tvt4tuitd67ik5t9ps334sbg6205bt3@4ax.com

Unsmooth smooth HF shading
(the shading of height-fields with abrupt changes is very ugly when
smooth shading is turned on)
http://news.povray.org/3c02ac19@news.povray.org

installer behaves strangely
(one would expect povray to install after pressing the "next" button and
not the "button")
http://news.povray.org/Xns916AE9B08012frankverlaathotmailc@204.213.191.2
26

POVWin 'beep on completion' error
('Beep on completion' setting doesn't beep (it does nothing))
http://news.povray.org/qtvi0u0usenm6ua8kht9jsi0p69cefi4bs@4ax.com

Photon Problems
(Rendering the file makes the image strangely bright)
http://news.povray.org/3bc4d0a9$1@news.povray.org

var_refl.pov (\scenes\textues\finishes) Beta 8
(should #include "functions.inc")
http://news.povray.org/3C0A9650.6B98925@compuserve.com

Problems starting Beta8 from Command Line
(If there's already an existing idle POV task)
http://news.povray.org/3c0abb67@news.povray.org

transform syntax
(transform {test_trans} sometimes requires {} and sometimes doesn't)
http://news.povray.org/3C09EE1B.A38DC91A@gmx.de

Win Beta 8: Message window/parse hang error?
(hangs after "Degenerate Blob" warning)
http://news.povray.org/3c0bdc77@news.povray.org

another bug I haven't seen mentioned
(Yellow band around sky_sphere equator)
http://news.povray.org/3c10ef62$1@news.povray.org

[Bug] file names with ","
http://news.povray.org/3c12cc82@news.povray.org

media & fog bug?
http://news.povray.org/3c1379e0$1@news.povray.org

Render window recovery.
http://news.povray.org/Xns917491BB6A608michaelkearnssaacons@204.213.191.
226

bug in sphere_sweep for removing parts of an object
(parameterised sphere_sweeps are very slow)
http://news.povray.org/3C1A5D47.EA38F6E5@amc.uva.nl

"No pigment type given" in blobs
(when each component has a pigment)
http://news.povray.org/3c1e6046@news.povray.org