POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Unconfirmed bugs : Re: Unconfirmed bugs Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unconfirmed bugs
From: Klaus Stengel
Date: 31 Dec 2001 00:36:25
Message: <3c2ff959$1@news.povray.org>
Hi!

> [Bug] file names with ","
> http://news.povray.org/3c12cc82@news.povray.org

I could reproduce this one. The problem is, that codemax stores
the name of the opened files and its properties all in one registry
key, with the "," sign as delimiter.

For example:
c:\myfile.txt,52,12,22,0,8,2

So opening a file with a "," in its name and then closing POV-Ray
causes an entry to be created that looks like this:
c:\my,file,52,12,22,0,8,2

When starting POV-Ray again it reads the filename as "c:\my",
which of course doesn't exist.

The only solution to this would be storing the meta data in
seperate registry keys or checking filenames for "," on both
save and open dialog. But I guess this is not directly a POV-Ray
problem; This one should be reported to the codemax people...

Klaus.