POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [Bug] Output of too many evaluations cause strange behavior Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:14:03 EDT (-0400)
  [Bug] Output of too many evaluations cause strange behavior (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Subject: [Bug] Output of too many evaluations cause strange behavior
Date: 8 Oct 2001 17:08:03
Message: <3bc215b3@news.povray.org>
Hi!

If you have too many iso-evaluations, the message pane goes "blank" after
the first few ones, the "time to parse"-Box in the lower left statusbar
shows weird things (15388d 11h 41m 37s f.e.), and if you try another render,
the render window disappears and won't come back until a restart.
In addition: If you try to stop the "render" while Pov displays the Messages
(evalutations), Pov crashes (if you stop while the message pane is already
blank -> page fault) or does not react at all.

It may well be, that this occurs with other warnings, too, I didn't test
that.

Marc-Hendrik

PII450, Win 98, 128 MB, Pov 3.5-beta-5

Testscene:

camera
{
  location  <0, 1.7, 20.0>//

  angle 40
  look_at   <0, 5.7,  0.00001>

}

union{
   #declare Reihen=0;
   #while (Reihen<150)

         isosurface

              function { abs(x)
                  }

              max_gradient 4
              evaluate 1,10,0.99

              accuracy 0.01
              contained_by{box {<-0.15,-0.2,-0.2>,<0.15,0.2,0.20>}}

              texture{pigment{rgb 0.1}}
         }
      #declare Reihen=Reihen+1;
   #end