POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Camera matrix bug Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Camera matrix bug (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Rune
Subject: Camera matrix bug
Date: 9 Sep 2001 07:46:51
Message: <3b9b56ab@news.povray.org>
The following code generates the error:

Slab Building Error: Cannot use non-perpendicular camera vectors with vista
buffer.

which is a bug because the matrix transform here is not non-perpendicular.
In fact the matrix specified here is the same as a simple translation of
<5,5,5>.

camera {location 0 look_at z matrix <1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1,5,5,5>}

I'm using POV-Ray 3.5 beta 1
on a P150, 16MB RAM
Windows 95  4.00.450 B  IE 5 5.00.2919.6307

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)

"Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in message
> The following code generates the error:
>
> Slab Building Error: Cannot use non-perpendicular camera vectors with
vista
> buffer.
>
> which is a bug because the matrix transform here is not non-perpendicular.
> In fact the matrix specified here is the same as a simple translation of
> <5,5,5>.
>
> camera {location 0 look_at z matrix <1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1,5,5,5>}

I could be wrong, but shouldn't the last four entries in the matrix be
5,5,5,1? ie,
<1, 0, 0, 0,
 0, 1, 0, 0,
 0, 0, 1, 0,