POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : uv_mapping in function crashes beta 13 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  uv_mapping in function crashes beta 13 (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Sebastian H
Subject: uv_mapping in function crashes beta 13
Date: 24 Mar 2002 06:17:47
Message: <3C9DB64B.3020006@web.de>
Whenn adding "uv_mapping" to a pigment in a function which is used for a
pigment in a texture it crashes beta13 (linux)
-> Speicherzugriffsfehler (english: segmentation fault?)

// ----- crashes -----
#declare f_png = function {
   pigment {
     uv_mapping      // problem here?
     image_map {png "plasma2.png"
       map_type 0
       interpolate 2
     }
   }
}

#declare T_tex =
   texture {
     pigment {
       function { f_png (x,y,z).red }
     }
   }

box {
   <0, 0, 0> <1, 1, 1>
   texture {
     T_tex
   }
   translate <0, 0, 1>
}

// ----- works -----
#declare f_png = function {
   pigment {
     image_map {png "plasma2.png"
       map_type 0
       interpolate 2
     }
   }
}

#declare T_tex =
   texture {
     pigment {
       uv_mapping
       function { f_png (x,y,z).red }
     }
   }

box {
   <0, 0, 0> <1, 1, 1>
   texture {
     T_tex
   }
   translate <0, 0, 1>
}

Post a reply to this message

In article <3C9### [at] webde> , "Sebastian H." <seb### [at] webde> wrote:

> Whenn adding "uv_mapping" to a pigment in a function which is used for a
> pigment in a texture it crashes beta13 (linux)

Please try this again in beta 14 tomorrow.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.

> -> Speicherzugriffsfehler (english: segmentation fault?)

  I really like the sound of that word. It really gives the impression that
something bad has happened... :)
  (No, I don't know any German.)

>>-> Speicherzugriffsfehler (english: segmentation fault?)
>

>   I really like the sound of that word. It really gives the impression that
> something bad has happened... :)
>   (No, I don't know any German.)

:-)

Post a reply to this message

> Please try this again in beta 14 tomorrow.

Jep, works now!

Sebastian H.

Post a reply to this message