POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : uv_mapping in function crashes beta 13 : Re: uv_mapping in function crashes beta 13 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:30:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: uv_mapping in function crashes beta 13
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 26 Mar 2002 06:03:21
Message: <3ca05579@news.povray.org>
In article <3C9### [at] webde> , "Sebastian H." <seb### [at] webde> wrote:

> #declare f_png = function {
>    pigment {
>      uv_mapping      // problem here?
>      image_map {png "plasma2.png"
>        map_type 0
>        interpolate 2
>      }
>    }
> }

I am not sure what you are trying to do here with uv_mapping inside the
function.  I thought what you were seeing was related to another function
problem in beta 13 ("strange recursion error" thread in this group) and did
not look at your example, but it turns out that of course "uv_mapping" doesn't
even make sense inside functions.  I have fixed the parser and it will no
longer accept it in the next beta.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde