POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Save during render Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Save during render (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: John David Haiducek
Subject: Save during render
Date: 27 Nov 2001 13:16:16
Message: <Pine.LNX.4.33.0111271256060.2190-100000@burpc3.engin.umich.edu>
If I try to save my source while POV is rendering, POV shows an hourglass
cursor and stays that way for a long time. Saving while POV is not
rendering is nearly instantaneous, and if I put my file on the local hard
drive POV does not even display an hourglass cursor.

My files are all on a server using the AFS filesystem. From what I've
heard, the Windows machines on the network use some sort of emulator to
access the AFS space. I do not have administrative priveleges, but I would
not expect that to cause this kind of problem.

The computers I'm using are Dells with 1400 MHz Pentium 4 processors,
Windows 2000, 256 MB RAM.

John Haiducek

Post a reply to this message

> If I try to save my source while POV is rendering, POV shows an hourglass
> cursor and stays that way for a long time. Saving while POV is not
> rendering is nearly instantaneous, and if I put my file on the local hard
> drive POV does not even display an hourglass cursor.
>
> My files are all on a server using the AFS filesystem. From what I've
> heard, the Windows machines on the network use some sort of emulator to
> access the AFS space. I do not have administrative priveleges, but I would
> not expect that to cause this kind of problem.

I experienced exactly the same here with Windows NT on VMWare when saving
to some drive on the host via smb/samba.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>