POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Save during render : Re: Save during render Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Save during render
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 27 Nov 2001 15:41:38
Message: <3c03fa82@news.povray.org>
In article <Pin### [at] burpc3enginumichedu>
, John David Haiducek <jha### [at] enginumichedu>  wrote:

> If I try to save my source while POV is rendering, POV shows an hourglass
> cursor and stays that way for a long time.

Well, if it doesn't crash or block, what is wrong with it?  If the OS
network service doesn't have a high enough priority it will take longer
until it has processed what it is told to process.  Changing the process
priority for POV-Ray will most likely eliminate this slowdown.

    Thorsten