POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Save during render : Save during render Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Save during render
From: John David Haiducek
Date: 27 Nov 2001 13:16:16
Message: <Pine.LNX.4.33.0111271256060.2190-100000@burpc3.engin.umich.edu>
If I try to save my source while POV is rendering, POV shows an hourglass
cursor and stays that way for a long time. Saving while POV is not
rendering is nearly instantaneous, and if I put my file on the local hard
drive POV does not even display an hourglass cursor.

My files are all on a server using the AFS filesystem. From what I've
heard, the Windows machines on the network use some sort of emulator to
access the AFS space. I do not have administrative priveleges, but I would
not expect that to cause this kind of problem.

The computers I'm using are Dells with 1400 MHz Pentium 4 processors,
Windows 2000, 256 MB RAM.

John Haiducek