POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : converting 3.1 radiosity setting to 3.5 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  converting 3.1 radiosity setting to 3.5 (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Thomas
Subject: converting 3.1 radiosity setting to 3.5
Date: 14 Sep 2001 10:35:22
Message: <3BA21583.9BEED58E@gmx.net>
Hi everyone

Anton and I have been using radiosity in 3.1 for quite some time, see
www.antonraves.com for some examples and though they are not the best
setting possible, they look quite good and they are really fast. I
played with the included 3.5 settings yesterday a bit and difference is
rather big. First it takes a lot of changing in all the textures from
ambient to diffuse, which is something I can live with. But the render
times are very very slow. A picture that would take 30 minutes in 3.1
takes more than 7 hours with 3.5, and the result isn't even better.

Is there somewhere some information on how to change settings (even the
3.1 settings in 3.5 are dead slow) and how to get some decent speed.

TIA

Thomas

Post a reply to this message