POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : converting 3.1 radiosity setting to 3.5 : Re: converting 3.1 radiosity setting to 3.5 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:30:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: converting 3.1 radiosity setting to 3.5
From: Thomas
Date: 14 Sep 2001 12:39:24
Message: <3BA23295.F27ED164@gmx.net>
> And yes, render times can be incredibly long and the memory use can be
> extremely high. Some of the new images done for my website took several
> weeks to render and ate more than 700 Mb of RAM.

Well I guess we need lots of time then and experimenting. Maybe it is a good
thing I managed to get 64 bit version compiled, then we can use more then 4
Gigabyte ;)

BTW I looked at your new image the other day and I'am most impressed! Excellent
work, I wish I could do stuff like that.

Cheers,

Thomas