POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Calling an Image Map with an array identifier that stores the image file na= Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:41:42 EDT (-0400)
  Calling an Image Map with an array identifier that stores the image file na= (Message 21 to 24 of 24)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Calling an Image Map with an array identifier that stores the image fil=
Date: 3 Dec 2018 23:22:37
Message: <5c06010d$1@news.povray.org>
Am 04.12.2018 um 03:57 schrieb Kenneth:

> That macro construction looks like a compact 'shorthand' way to avoid coding
> separate #write/#read statements (doing away with #read altogether), while
> producing the same results (?). Pasting that short macro *into* scene code would
> do away with #include as well.

The macro is /not/ a shorthand for a `#read`/`#write` combination - the
`#include` is indispensable. You can put it directly into the scene, but
you can't do without it.

The primary trick here is that e.g. instead of writing the keyword `png`
verbatim in your scene, you can instead include a file that contains the
keyword (and nothing but the keyword).

The secondary trick is that you can create such a file with arbitrary
content "on the fly" using `#write`.

Wrapping it all in a single macro is just a matter of convenience.

Post a reply to this message