POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Pappus Chain Server Time
27 Jul 2024 18:37:58 EDT (-0400)
  Pappus Chain (Message 2 to 11 of 43)
<<< Previous 1 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: William F Pokorny
Subject: Re: Pappus Chain
Date: 29 May 2024 04:24:33
Message: <6656e641$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/28/24 19:41, Bald Eagle wrote:
> And out pops a Pappus chain.
Cool!

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Date: 29 May 2024 06:55:00
Message: <web.665709583bd24dfe1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> Cool!

Isn't it?

You can invert anything, even whole patterns, like so:

#declare Inversion = function {Radius*Radius / ( pow (x-CenterX, 2) + pow
(y-CenterY, 2) + pow (z-CenterZ, 2))}

#declare Checker_Inv = function {
 Checker (
  x*Inversion (x, y, z),
  y*Inversion (x, y, z),
  z*Inversion (x, y, z)
 ).red
}

plane {z, 0 pigment {function {Checker_Inv (x, y, z)}}}

I was trying to figure out a way to plug this into a matrix transform, but
POV-Ray doesn't allow that kind of thing.

/*
#declare M_Inversion =
function {
 transform {