POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Pappus Chain : Re: Pappus Chain Server Time
27 Jul 2024 12:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pappus Chain
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 29 May 2024 15:23:51
Message: <665780c7$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/29/24 06:54, Bald Eagle wrote:
> You can invert anything, even whole patterns, like so:

Thanks for posting more detailed code. I played a little - and it's cool
- though the results kinda twist my head around at times. :-)

Attached is a slice of a sphere to the -z side of the x,y plane where
the radius of a f_sphere() is getting 'inverted / chopped' with your
'Checker_Inv()' (I also clamped the maximum Inversion() value to 15).
The sides sliced at the inversions don't render cleanly with the
isosurface, but we still end up with an interesting looking shape.

A little surprised it worked as well as it did...

Bill P.

FYI. I did get a few divisions by zero from Inversion() until I added
some off grid, anti-directional, numerical fuzz to CenterX, CenterY and
CenterZ. This might be due how my yuqk AA works compared to the
officially released AA.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tmp2.png' (105 KB)