POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : What does povray consider degenerate? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:13:39 EDT (-0400)
  What does povray consider degenerate? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Warp
Subject: What does povray consider degenerate?
Date: 5 Jun 2000 06:01:51
Message: <393b7a8e@news.povray.org>
About a recent post in p.general:

  When is a triangle degenerate?
  I think that one case is when two of the vertices or all the three are
actually the same point. In this case it would be just an infinitely thin
line or point.
  I faintly remember that povray also considers denerate a smooth triangle
with the vertex normals pointing to different sides of the triangle. Is
this so?
  Any other case?