POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Patina Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  Patina (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: Ken
Subject: Patina
Date: 26 Oct 1999 07:11:23
Message: <38158BD5.F0F02B93@pacbell.net>
2. (Fine Arts) The color or incrustation which age gives to works of art;
especially, the green rust which covers ancient bronzes, coins, and medals.

 It is quite common to see a patina discoloration inside the cracks,
crevices, and deep folds on sculpture while it's surface maintains
more of the original material's coloration.

 How would one apply this affect to a 3d object with proceedural methods
rather than relying upon complicated image maps ?

--
Ken Tyler -  1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: