POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Patina : Re: Patina Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Patina
From: Ken
Date: 28 Oct 1999 08:54:56
Message: <38184653.230BE36C@pacbell.net>
Ken wrote:

> 2. (Fine Arts) The color or incrustation which age gives to works of art;
> especially, the green rust which covers ancient bronzes, coins, and medals.
>
>  It is quite common to see a patina discoloration inside the cracks,
> crevices, and deep folds on sculpture while it's surface maintains
> more of the original material's coloration.
>
>  How would one apply this affect to a 3d object with proceedural methods
> rather than relying upon complicated image maps ?

Thank you people for your suggestions and links to possible solutions.
I have come to the conclusion that it would be very difficult if not
impossible with proceedural textures. The mesh painting utilties are
looking like a very real possibilty however...

--
Ken Tyler -  1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: