POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : radiosity and mosaic Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  radiosity and mosaic (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Subject: radiosity and mosaic
Date: 25 Jun 2002 16:08:25
Message: <Xns9238E0B5FD3A1raf256com@204.213.191.226>
Hi,
images with mosaic preview that use radiosity render about 30% slower - is
this supposed to work that way ?

From: TinCanMan
Subject: Re: radiosity and mosaic
Date: 25 Jun 2002 16:20:09
Message: <3d18d079$1@news.povray.org>
> Hi,
> images with mosaic preview that use radiosity render about 30% slower - is
> this supposed to work that way ?

Yes, radiosity uses mosaic for prescanning. (i don't know all the technical
jargon).
Try turning of mosaic and adding:

radiosity{
  pretrace_start 0.08
  pretrace_end   0.01
}

in the global_settings block, you will still get a mosaic preview.
pretrace_start and pretrace_end determine the start and end of the mosaic
preview used by radiosity.

I hope this is what you were asking and I haven't misunderstood.

-tgq

Post a reply to this message